The Southern Right Whale is a baleen whale, one of three species classified as the Right Whale. Around 7,500 Southern Right Whales are spread throughout the southern part of the Southern Hemisphere. Southern Right Whales have made Hermanus, South Africa one of the world centers for whale watching. During the winter months (July–October), Southern Right Whales come so close to the shoreline that visitors can watch whales from strategically-places.
- Visit African Penguin colony in Betty’s Bay, because of their donkey-like braying call; they were previously named the Jackass Penguin.
- Visit Walker Bay, the best place in the world to do whale watching from the coastline.
- Visit the Fernkloof nature reserve for a short nature walk
- Visit Hemel & Aarde wine shop for informal wine tasting
- Visit one of the wine estates in Hermanus
Whale watching boat cruise in Hermanus (+/- 1hour 30min)
Whale, sharks, seals and dolphins watching boat cruise in Gaansbay (+/- 2Hours)
All our tours are private and the itinerary is used as guidelines. Our team will assist you with recommendation and tailor the itinerary to your requirement.